Can we Create free public server of counter strike 1.6?
you can. You can create the server for free but if you want to join it
you have to buy the Game CS1.6 . Any one who is having this original
game can join this server
1. Download this HLDS tool according to ur OS
2. Install the update tool in x:\HLServer.
3. Open a terminal (Start&gt;Run&gt;cmd).
4. Use directory traversal and go to your HLServer directory (CD \HLServer).
5. Type in "HldsUpdateTool" (or just "h" then cycle tab through the files until you got the exe) or ./steam for Linux users then a space then enter -command update -game . Replace with the game you want to host, be it "cstrike", "dmc", "dod", "ricochet", "tfc", "valve", "Counter-Strike Source", or "hl2mp". Enter -dir x:\hlserver afterwards and then press enter and let it rest. A correct example would be: HldsUpdateTool -command update -game cstrike -dir c:\hlserver
6. If it worked so far, it should now be installing the files needed to run the server.
7. It downloads around 320MB.
8. After the installation is finished your Half life dedicated server is ready to run.
Now go to the installed folder x:\hlserver . Ok what you have to do is just execute hlds.exe. Select the game as Counter-Strike. Give name to your server. Select the map. Select the network as Internet if u want it to be online or Lan. Set the max no of players according to your Internet connection. Set the UDP port as 27016. RCON password anything don't leave blank. Check Secure(valve Anti-cheat). Click start server. A window opens, go to console and type "sv_lan 0" without quotes.
Now your server is ready. If it didnt work Unblock hlds.exe from firewall and add an exception to UDP port 27016.
Sometimes the ports in modem or router is blocked u have to unblock it i.e. portforwarding. To learn how to do that check this link http://www.portforward.com/..
After portforwarding your server will work..
To make it pirated i.e. to let all the non steam players to play in your server apply the nosteam patch .. http://www.tutorialecstrike.com/patch_server.HTML
Then start the server.